Sunday 29 January 2012

Inspirations

Today I thought I’d share with you all some of the things that are currently inspiring me, things that I learn from, things that I aspire to, and things that I simply adore. As some of you may know I am about to embark on another period of studying (what can I say, I just can’t get enough of being a student) and am in a particularly creative frame of mind. A lot to do with writing and blogging but also a lot to do with the wonderful people that are in my life today. Enjoy!


Blog Crush

Kelly Jones is not only my current style crush (due to her excellent use of charity shop finds, oversized jewellery and fur collars) but alongside her fab outfits, her blog is pretty fantastic as well. Whenever I’m feeling unsure of what to put on in the mornings I turn to Kelly’s blog for inspiration. A great mixer of patterns and textures, and avid user of nail art to complete her look, Kelly’s ensembles are always flawless in my eyes. Plus, she has absolutely awesome big hair, and you all know how I feel about that.


Image by Kelly at A Twenty-Something


Fab food

January is always pretty tough for me following all of the Christmas overindulgence, so I’m endeavoring to be healthy with the 16lbs in 16 weeks challenge, and am finding daily inspiration for food in the form of Rotten Otter Eats, a great blog by Katy from Rotten Otter. Feeling a similar way to me after all the Christmas treats Katy set up the blog as a way for her to document what she eats through photographs, sometimes accompanied by recipes. Katy’s breakfasts inspire me the most. I’m always too lazy/never seem to have enough time in the mornings to make smoothies but Katy’s look so good that I think I may have to start finding time. Through Rotten Otter Eats I’ve also started reading Simply Breakfast for its beautiful photography and delicious looking food.


Image by Katy at Rotten Otter Eats


Spring fashion: work

The new collection at Next always has me hooked at the start of any season and SS12 is no different. Their tribal/safari style collection is right up my street and has me hoping that warmer weather is just around the corner. Currently I seem to be swimming in a pool of, although very chic, very black clothes and am in need of a bit of a wardrobe refresh (or even just a reminder that I do own some wonderful, colourful garments). That’s where Kelly comes in.



What’s new pussycat?

One of the highlights at work this week was the discovery that the one and only Taylor Swift had been spotted out and about in London town wearing NW3’s very own Annabel dress. This dress is absolutely gorge and is one of the many items I’m coveting from the SS collection.



Something strange seems to happening with cats this season, with them definitely being the print du jour on the catwalks. Victoria Beckham’s designs, inspired by the cartoon character Emily Strange, are my favourite pieces she’s designed so far, although alas they are far out of my price range. I have some cat inspired pieces in my wardrobe and hope to debut some of them very soon so watch this space.


Drink, Shop, Do

My new favourite place to hang out in London for either after work drinks, a cup of tea on a Sunday morning, or just to get your creative juices going, has got to be Drink, Shop & Do near Kings Cross.



This quirky little establishment is so “me” and is the kind of place I could imagine going to on my own to sit and write and watch the world go by. I went last Sunday with the wonderful Zsa Zsa for some gossiping (and a slice of amazing date and walnut cake) and I can definitely see myself going back again and again. Everything is for sale (aside from the playlist, alas this comes courtesy of Spotify) and I found it increasingly difficult to stick to the No Shopping Pledge as I was drawn to many a vintage knick-knack or homemade goody in both the shop and the café.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including me in this post :) glad you like my blog.
    I'm loving the look of some of that Next stuff, they've really upped their game lately. That dress in the bottom left looks right up my street!
    Lovely post xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love it, it's really personal and inspiring in itself :D Thanks for sharing x

    http://outsidebeautyinsidehealth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thanks for the mention! Now I really want a pancake with strawberries haha might have to have it tomorrow :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...