Friday 13 January 2012

Packed lunches of the future

I’m a packed lunch devotee, not only because it saves me hundreds of pounds a year but also because making my lunch myself means I know exactly what I’m eating, no hidden surprises. That being said, making your lunch every day can get a little tedious and it’s easy to always go for the same thing (usually a salad wrap, packet of snack-a-jacks and a piece of fruit for me). Japanese mothers have come up with a creative and competitive way to get their children to eat their lunches, by making the food look like cartoon characters, with amazing results. I’m always on the look out for unusual options for my lunch, generally ones that will increase my fruit and veg intake, but I’m not really sure I have time to be this creative in the mornings, think I’ll just stick to the salad wraps for now.


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh bentos are the best! I saw a book on them once and was so tempted to get it! Unfortunately I stay in a place that's so hot and humid all year round I'm not sure how well the lunches will keep all morning ><

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...