Tuesday 19 June 2012

The Love List

I've come to the conclusion recently that I own far too much "stuff". This is something that I guess I've always known but lately, as I stuff another Ikea bag under the bed, I've realised that I can no longer even see the wood for the trees (or, amazing pair of wedges hidden under an old jumper - you get the picture). Therefore I have started what shall become known as The Big Wardrobe Clearout 2012 (not surprisingly Zsa already wants to stay over and help me with this). It's time to cut the crap and actually appreciate some of the truly timeless pieces I've bought over the years. Currently The Boy and I rent but when we have a place of our own I'd love to have a walk in wardrobe (and yes, I'm aware this will probably never happen but hey, a girl can dream right?) so I've been scouring the internet for storage solutions and Carolina Engman over at Fashion Squad has me mesmerized by her shoe storage. 

I mean, wow. Why can't my bedroom be like this? As far as I can see she's simply used Billy bookcases from Ikea which is such an accessible (and cheap) way to create a Hollywood wardrobe on a budget. Bravo Carolina, bravo.

Image by Fashion Squad

Katy over at Rotten Otters Thoughts has also got me thinking of new ways to store my make-up. I've been considering buying some of the clear perspex drawers that every make-up blogger seems to have but I'm worried that I'll get them really dirty REALLY quickly and would rather have something that's easier to clean. Therefore I'm planning on following Katy's lead (sorry Dad, this means another trip to Ikea) and pick up a Helmer drawer unit with some Antonius drawer inserts. Nice and organised and not offensive to the eye.

Image by Katy at Rotten Otters Thoughts

Also, in an effort to curb my frivolous spending altogether, I stumbled across this insightful blog by Jeff Atwood entitled Buying Happiness. This blog post focuses around how: "if you're fortunate enough to have a good income, how you spend your money has a strong influence on how happy – or unhappy – it will make you feel". 

Read it. And weep.


2 comments:

  1. Found your post via Pinterest! The coincidences are a bit uncany because not only have I just purchased two Billy bookcases to house my shoes/accessories (my collection is no where NEAR as impressive as this one) but I also just got one of those little metal drawer units at the same time to house my makeup/nailpolish etc! Cool, eh? Also, totally needed to read that article you referenced because I desperately need to curb my spending... so I have to say I loved EVERYTHING in this post! Going to see what other gems you have here but wanted to say hello :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for checking out my blog, it's always nice to have friendly comments - I have to say, I just looked at your blog and I love it! Right up my street (your home has me wanting to completely redecorate my flat!) Will definitely be checking it out from now on.

      L&F
      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...