Wednesday 1 February 2012

Silver & Sparkles

When I was younger I spent hours agonising over the state of my hands and particularly my nails. Virtually every evening I would come home, moisturise, file and buff my nails until they were immaculate and, heaven forbid, if I chipped the polish or broke a nail during the day it was literally the end of the world. As I’ve got older, my evenings are more often than not spent collapsed in a heap on the sofa, and the condition of my hands and nails has taken a drastic nosedive. I used to not be able to leave the house if I didn’t have any nail varnish on (mostly it was just clear, but even so), now I often have three-week-old remnants on badly filed nails accompanied by skin as dry as sandpaper, NICE. Working surrounded by girls who often sport a number of different coloured vanishes every week has encouraged me to try and get back to how I used to be, and take a bit more care in my appearance. Therefore last night I dug out all my nail varnishes – far too many for someone who pretty much always wears clear – and started to think about different colour combinations and ways to wear them. I like things to match/don’t have much spare time so usually go for colours that are neutral and will go with most things in my wardrobe (like clear, black or dark red), I like the whole French manicure look but am far too clumsy to actually do it so that it looks professional so decided to create a similar look but in a more modern way.


I used light grey as the base and for the tip I used silver glitter. This meant that if the line between the base and the tip wasn’t straight it didn’t matter so much, and voila!


I must admit I’m pretty pleased with the result and am already thinking about other colour combinations to try. I also REALLY want to try the whole DIY leopard print nail-look (you know how I feel about animal print) so watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful look. Will be using it as inspiration I think :D

    http://outsidebeautyinsidehealth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...