Monday 16 September 2013

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love

Today's Blogtember topic kind of has me drawing a blank, Write a public love letter to someone in your life. As much as I'm sentimental and I like to show the one's I love how much they mean to me, writing a love letter? Meh, it's not really something I do.

Generally, as well as writing every day, Blogtember seems to be encouraging me to put my feelings down on paper, which is pushing me way outside of my comfort zone. Sure, I like to make my blog sentimental, but this is a little much. Still, I said I'd complete Blogtember so I'm going to, even if this blog post may end up making me cringe!

To keep this from being too much of an overwhelming task, I've written a series of short devotions to my family, to give thanks for all that they do for me.

Dad,
Thank you for working your whole life to support us as a family. For teaching me what hard work is (allowing you some leeway for the occasional desk nap time these days), and for supporting me in all that I do. Without a shadow of a doubt I would not be the person that I am today had it not been for your support.

Mum,
Thank you for encouraging my creative side throughout my entire life and showing me what can be achieved if you push yourself. I admire you for all that you do and the things that you create and the talent that you show in so many areas of your life often amaze me.

Mark,
As much as we used to hate each other, the camaraderie we now have makes up for those terrible teenage years and I wouldn't have it any other way. The banter we have, whether on the phone or when I return home for the weekend, can make my day and often has me laughing for weeks.

Sarah and Ryan, Gemma and Brad,
Having the four of you in my life is like discovering sisters and brothers I never knew I had. I feel so welcomed by you all and appreciate how much you have all accepted me into your lives. I love you all, with all my heart.

Jane and Gerald,
I feel so at home whenever we come and visit (as I'm sure you can tell by the amount of times I fall asleep on your sofa!), you always make me feel so welcome. You have raised the most wonderful boy who makes my life every day and for that alone I will be eternally grateful. 

...and finally, Michael,
I am more proud of you than you will ever know and I will love you forever.
No more, no less.

So there you have it, overly mushy for a Monday evening but that's just the way I feel!

This post is part of Blogtember, the brainchild of Jenni over at Story of My Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...