Friday 6 September 2013

Advice to live by

Today's Blogtember topic is simple: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered.

During last years dark, dark times my best friend Sasha was my rock, my guide, my collaborator and constant source of inspiration. She saved me from myself and for that I will be forever grateful. During this time she gave me a piece of advice which she tries to live by, and since then I've been doing the same. 

The advice is simple, kill them with kindness.

The basic principle of how Sasha and I use this advice in our everyday lives is that if somebody (usually in the workplace but could be applied to any scenario) really gets your goat, gets under your skin or just generally makes you want to scream at the top of your lungs, the best way to deal with them is to be as nice as possible. I normally find being borderline sickly sweet is pretty effective.

Generally people who are rude, inconsiderate or just plain obnoxious know exactly what they're doing, and if they can see that they're irritating you they will be more likely to continue. If you react in a way that they aren't expecting they won't know what to do and, lets face it, having a cheery disposition is far nicer than walking around under a black cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...