Thursday 7 June 2012

That Friday Feeling: F+F Pop Up Shop

Friday evening officially marked the beginning not only of the Jubilee weekend but (more importantly) my week off, and let me tell you I was ready for it. I haven't had any proper time off since Christmas (bar the odd day or two) and following a major work-related meltdown on Thursday, it's safe to say I was in need of a holiday.

Zsa and Rebecca were in much the same boat (done with work and ready for some "me" time) so the three of us headed to the (disappointing) Meadham Kerchoff event at Topshop on Oxford Circus, followed by the (much better) F+F Tesco Pop Up store at Covent Garden.

Advertising made for a cute backdrop - Summer brights - Gorgeous underwear - Zsa and Rebecca take a shine to some tailored trousers

The premise was simple: the store was essentially the F+F Clothing at Tesco website but in 3D form. You could look at, touch, even try on the clothes, but in order to purchase anything you needed to use one of the computers or iPads and purchase online - you could even arrange a collection for the following day from a local store. QR codes on the clothing tags even allowed you to scan products and buy them via your mobile phone. One word: Genius.
The Covent Garden Pop-Up store - Shades of Summer - Gorgeous dresses for little fashionistas - Get online in-store - The tribal trend - Looking in - Love this dress - The beautifully designed shop

I've always loved the F+F collection and when I lived with my parents the weekly food shop would inevitably end with me returning home laden down with fashion goodies (usually alongside copious amounts of 2-4-1 make up and bath products) which would be the envy of all my friends. I've never understood fashion-snobs who only shop in certain stores when there are clearly fashion gems to be found in the unlikeliest of places. My F+F studded leather jacket for example, is a few years old and well loved but was recently compared to the Marni for H&M version (and the best part is I'm pretty sure it cost me £12 in the sale). Living in London has meant I've been shopping at Tesco for clothing on a less frequent basis (due only to their being less stores locally that stock clothes) but whenever I have the chance I always pop in to see what's on offer, and am always impressed.
Gorgeous platform footwear - Bodycon for everyone - The summer colour palette at F+F - Cosmetics from The Vintage Cosmetic Company 

I was even able to walk away from the event with some gorgeous new lashes (which were supplied and expertly applied at the event by a girl from The Vintage Cosmetic Company) which helped lift-my-look from day to evening for my drinks date with The Boy. I was really impressed by the range of products The Vintage Cosmetic Company had on display (especially the brushes) and will definitely be making some purchases in the future (I just can't help myself when it comes to cosmetics).

I loved this event and it has truly reignited my love for fashion from F+F (I have already been filling my online basket). If, like me, you love a bit of F+F you can take advantage of an offer their currently running in conjunction with the Pop-Up and to celebrate the Jubilee where you can get 20% off of your order before June 10th by using the code 'JUBILEE.' Now that to me is a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...