Friday 8 June 2012

The Love List


The weather has been really getting me down lately (this morning on my trip to the market I'm pretty sure I experienced all four seasons in the space of an hour) and this has led to me feeling "stuck in a rut" with my wardrobe. I find myself dieing to put on my summer sandals and dresses but whenever I do I'm left resembling a pack horse, usually carrying an umbrella, some spare shoes and a jacket "just in case" the heavens (inevitably) open. As usual, I'm relying on some of my favourite blogs for inspiration. One that never fails to reignite my passion for all things fashion is Style Scrapbook. Andy has such a strong sense of her own style and I must say, I love her look. Here's some of my favourites of Andy's looks from the month of May.

All images by Style Scrapbook

Andy even owns the Zara shirt that I've been lusting after for weeks (and this week finally bought). Can't wait to wear it with a pair of black trousers with a paper-bag waist and *shock horror* no jacket!


All this time stuck indoors due to the weather has got me thinking (yet again) about redecorating. I have a minor obsession with photo frames (there's just something about surrounding yourself with images of the ones you love that can't help but lift your mood) and this image (taken from The Decorista) have me wanting to rush out and buy even more. I love the look of a white wall with different sized frames grouped together. I can't wait until The Boy and I have a real place all of our own so I can let my imagination run wild (you can't tell can you?).

Image from The Decorista

Recently, Tamara over at Glam and Glitter 4ever has had me a) wishing I was on holiday, and b) heading to the gym pronto (I need her beach body ASAP). Seriously, it makes me sick that it's possible to look that good! That being said, I love Tamara's blog, she dresses really well and her blog always makes me want to step up my game in the style stakes - check it out if you love all things fashion.


As you know, this week I've been off work work and although I've been attempting to be healthy I am looking forward to the return of healthy eating next week when things get back to normal. I have generally been attempting a mix of weight watchers and elements of The Londoner's Anti-diet with little success (again, next week it's ALL GO) and am dieing to try her Skinny Shrimp Bowls, as they look delish and are super healthy.

 Image by The Londoner

You may get the impression that I'm thinking a lot about the way I look lately, and you'd be right. With Summer supposedly here, a marathon to run in a few months and many a wedding approaching, I want to get fit and feel good. Not that I don't feel good already. Having lost three and a half stone I'm pretty happy as I am, but I want to tone up and feel confident (even when wearing *gulp* a swimsuit). I am currently on my seventh day of the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred - watch this space to see how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...