Monday 28 May 2012

A sunny saturday

This weekend something magical happened. THE SUN CAME OUT. I know, who would have thought it?

Following a long hot day of store visits in and around Manchester on Friday it's safe to say I was exhausted. I don't seem to have had a chance to catch my breath over the past few weeks so it was lovely to get the chance to have a small lie in on Saturday before heading out to make the most of the sunshine. The Boy and I hit the local fruit and veg market to stock up on ingredients for some summer salads before giving the house a bit of a clean (giving The Boy a Vax Grime Master for his birthday is literally the best thing I have ever done).

 Even though the weather was boiling and I was more than settled at home (doing my usual "it's too hot" moan) I headed into town on Saturday night to meet the girls for drinks and an exhibition. We had tickets for the Christian Louboutin showcase at the Design Museum in Shad Thames which we'd been looking forward to for weeks, however it must be said we came away feeling slightly disappointed. Not only were you not allowed to take pictures (a bloggers nightmare - these shots are from Designboom) but there were no interactive elements to the displays and the curation seemed somewhat confused. That being said, we all managed to find a few styles to lust after and were blown away by the sheer amazingness of the Dita Von Teese hologram (for half an hour I literally thought that was an oversized pink shoe up there).

Images by Designboom, Luke Hayes and the Design Museum

Zsa and I rounded off the evening with a walk along the river before catching the tube home (we were having a blogger sleepover-which obviously involved copious amounts of food and gossiping, it was bliss).

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...