Tuesday 29 May 2012

The Love List


I've been talking a lot lately about getting back into some of my favourite childhood hobbies, one of which being drawing. When I was younger I used to draw before breakfast, easily cracking out a few designs before I'd even woken up properly but as I've got older, weeks go by without me even opening my sketch pad. This needs to change; I need to get my creative mojo back. Caroline over at Fashion Squad has also been doing some drawing lately and has inspired me to hit an art shop and pick up some new pens and art supplies.


I'm also desperate to try out making some of these DIY studded shoes (by Laura over at That's So Yesterday) as they look amazing and seem relatively easy to do. This is something that I've always wanted to try out but I'm yet to find the perfect stud or even the perfect shoe - I'm going to keep my eye out at the carboot sale for some shoes to attempt this look with.


Reading  A Beautiful Mess every evening before I fall asleep keeps me inspired right through into the following day, as not only do I simply love their blog but their craft and DIY posts usually end up being both beautiful and ingenious. I was so inspired by their song lyric wall art project to make The Boy a piece of art for part of his birthday present (see below), which I'm pretty pleased with I'm not going to lie. I always find that making something as a gift is always so much more personal than simply popping to shops and buying the obligatory smellies gift set.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...