Saturday 10 March 2012

Weekly round-up

Well this week sucked. Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong did: I missed my power plate class, couldn't go to the Warehouse trend event and the less said about work the better. But enough about that, let's move on to bigger and better things!

This weekend The Boy and I have nothing planned and I'm actually really looking forward to it (sometimes doing nothing but what you want really is the best remedy following the week from hell). I've got big plans for an afternoon nap, some writing, catching up with Zsa zsa and maybe even some painting, who knows. I just want to spend some time doing things that I genuinely want to do, rather than having to try and fit them in around the drudgery of everyday life.

I spent some time on Friday afternoon clearing my head with a spot of retail therapy (more of that later) followed by a blustery walk home through Hyde Park. As much as I love living in the city, I do sometimes miss the peace and quiet of the countryside and the calming influence of the sea, so the silence of the park and the solitude of the lake were more than a little welcome after such a troubling week. I normally walk through the park from Marble Arch to High Street Kensington which cuts quite a bit of time off my journey and is a far nicer route than battling with the tourists at Hyde Park Corner. Today I took some time to sit a while near the Round Pond next to Kensington Palace, read my book and clear my head before meeting The Boy for some dinner and a DVD. It was a lovely end to an otherwise not-so-special week.

The week in pictures: sitting by the Round Pond, Hobbs on the Stylist cover wrap, my new cardigan, amazing new Revlon nail varnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...