Monday 19 March 2012

Let them eat cake



Whilst visiting Dublin a few weeks ago The Boy decided to treat me to a break from the pubs and take me for afternoon tea at a gorgeous little tea shop, The Cake Cafe. Somewhat off the beaten track, The Cake Cafe is the place Dubliners in the know head to for wholesome homemade food in a relaxed and friendly indoors/outdoors setting. Even though it was February, due to the unseasonably warm weather The Boy and I were able to sit at one of the outside tables for a cup of tea and a slice or two of cake. Having taken a trip inside to peruse what was on offer, in my usual indecisive mindset I went for afternoon tea, which came with a pot of your choice of tea from a seemingly never ending list, and a selection of cakes. The miss-matched china and homemade cakes reminded me somewhat of Drink Shop Do (one of Zsa and I's favourite haunts for a spot of Sunday brunch in London) so I already felt right at home. The cakes were to die for (the chocolate fudge cake was my fave, although all were delicious) and offered great value for money as the slices were far from small. 

Having visited Dublin before, I've found that it can be easy as a tourist to stick to the Temple bar area sampling the Guinness meaning you miss out on a lot of what the city has to over, like The Cake Cafe. My advice when visiting any city is this: take a trip off the beaten tourist track and you never know what hidden gems you might find.


ABOVE: The Cafe Cafe till; inside it was very busy; The Cake Cafe bike, ready to deliver to the local area; the only clue of what's ahead; cakes galore; there's nothing like a cup of tea.



































Visit The Cake Cafe at Pleasants Place, Dublin, find full directions here

1 comment:

  1. Hey, just found your blog and its amazing you have great sense of style, would love if you could come and check mine out and if you like we could follow each other, just leave me a comment. Great blog, its lovely to find a new read

    xx

    theheadlessstylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...