Thursday 22 March 2012

Looks I'm loving

I've been trying out some new looks of late, mixing a spot of vintage with some new season finds (alas, the no shopping pledge has fallen by the wayside) but still always return to my standard look: skinny jeans, loose top, smart blazer and killer heels. It's the look I always come back to because I know that if I put on this combination (regardless of colour) I'll feel fantastic and ready to face the world. I remember vividly the first time I felt good in what I was wearing after I started losing weight (three and a half stone and counting): Next jeans, H&M draped khaki top, black blazer and high summer sandals, and boy did I feel good. If I could bottle that feeling and sell it I'd be a rich woman. In the months that have passed I've tried to recreate that feeling and the only time I seem able to get close is when I put on a trusty blazer and a pair of skinnies, nothing beats the first rush of weight loss. I'll always be a curvy girl and I just think that this ensemble is destined to become my day-in day-out look, and what's wrong with that when an outfit makes you feel good.

Someone whose style I really admire is Samm, a 25 year old fashion photographer and blogger from the Netherlands. She always looks fantastic, with her clean looks with a quirky edge, such as a chunky knit scarf or some fashion-forward footwear. Samm also has a fantastic blog called After Style Comes Fashion, which is fast becoming one of my must reads.






(I'm also loving Samm's summer style, which is getting me in the mood for some warmer weather)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...