Monday 14 October 2013

When art attacks

On our last day in Paris (on our Sunday morning stroll to the Pompidou Centre) we walked past this gorgeous little gallery called the Gallery Jamault. 

It was closed but The Boy and I stopped to check out the pieces on display in the window and I immediately fell in love with the one below.
I swear, if I was rich I would have waited for the gallery to open and bought it there and then. It is absolutely beautiful, right up my street and strangely enough, The Boy loved it too, even though we usually have completely opposite taste in art.

Since returning to London I've researched the artist and discovered that her name is Pauline Gagnon, that she lives in France and that she specializes in larger than life portraits.

I am determined to own one of her pieces one day, even if it takes me years to save for up.

You can see more of Pauline Gagnon's work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...