Sunday 9 December 2012

The Christmas list: Volume 2

You all know what I'd love for Christmas but I've spied many more great individual gifts online recently, so here's my pick of fantastic festive treats for the whole family.

Crafty creations
Ella Masters is one of my favourite bloggers, and I absolutely adore both her blog and her gorgeous illustrations. She recently set up an Etsy shop selling her wares and I'm definitely planning on picking up some treats (for both myself and some lucky, lucky friends and family) - I also have big plans to frame some of Ella's work for my inspiration wall.


I love these Christmas cards in Ella's signature style - pick them up here

I use the calendar on my iPhone, but after the ios 6 upgrade disaster that meant me losing what felt like my entire life and led to The Boy missing his fathers birthday (although quite why that was my fault I'm still unsure of) I've resorted back to a good old-fashioned wall version and think they actually make a great gift.
 I love this one by Alicia Bock - perfect for a sister or cousin.

For the men in my life
It seems I've managed to surround myself with Men who love anything remotely geeky (not that I'm bothered by that, I'm quite the geek myself) so I'm always on the lookout for unusual gifts to spark their interest - rather than the obligatory DVD boxset.

 I love this illustration - perfect for a Dr Who fanatic like my brother

Cufflinks from your run-of-the-mill department store run the risk of being either predictable or tacky but there are many fantastic and unusual options available online.

 These Octopus options are another perfect gift for the bro

 Whilst these are more appropriate for The Boy (or Father)

Mum's the word
My Mother is more than just a Mum, she's my best friend and she's where I got my creativity from. I love buying gifts for her - and see something she would like on almost every shopping trip.
As soon as I saw this sketch book I knew that it would be right up her street, handmade, nautical and allows her to document her artistic moments (not that this is her actual present, I'm keeping that one up my sleeve).

For the businessman who's young at heart
I'm a fan of dressing up my desk and this pen pot and business card holder is perfect for many a man - quirky, fun and functional, what could be better?

Find this one here
For the art lover
The L&F household has lots of illustrations and wall art, it's one of my all-time favourite gifts and in my opinion, the more personal the better.

This would be a welcome addition - as I'm sure it would for many of our friends.

Baby, baby, baby, oh
I love buying gifts for children (and am in desperate need of a few more friends and family to have children so I can hit the shops), but prefer presents to be unusual rather than the stereotypical baby gift.
This mobile by Atelier Bloom is gorgeous

So there you have it, there's plenty of gorgeous gifts to be had - if you just think outside the box a little. Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...