Monday 31 December 2012

My week in photos 16 (a very festive fortnight)

I have been a very bad blogger over the past few weeks (but hey, Christmas is the best excuse).

I have just returned to London following a blissful ten days off work spending time with family (both mine and The Boy's). It was great to finally get a chance to catch up with old friends who I haven't seen for a year or more and find out all the goss. The week went by in a bit of a blur, going from the south coast to Somerset and back again, but I wouldn't change a thing.
 Clockwise from top left: A festive stroll near Covent Garden - A celebratory sushi lunch - A spot of present wrapping for a children's charity - Sweeties for the train courtesy of the lovely Lizzie

This was to be my first Christmas away from home and I must admit I was a little apprehensive. As someone for whom spending time with my Mum and Dad (and even the younger bro) is what Christmas is all about I was unsure how I'd feel spending Christmas day in Somerset. I needn't have worried though, as The Boy's family went out of their way to make me feel welcome. Lots of walks in and around Shepton with The Boy, delicious food and drink, and great company made this a festive period to remember and I'm already looking forward to the next.
 Clockwise from top left: A rather waterlogged last copy of Stylist for 2012 - The Bro's trip to New York has clearly rubbed off on him - Festive lights in Wells - Hijacking Grandad and Philly's crossword - The gorgeous brown and gold tree at Shepton Mallet - Love this vintage poster at Fareham station - Mother did me proud for my homecoming

Returning to Titchfield on the 27th meant that I could see friends, do a spot of shopping with Mother, and most importantly enjoy another Christmas dinner with my nearest and dearest. We were even able to attend Mum and Dad's annual drinks party which meant we could catch up with a few people and enjoy even more food (if we needed it!). During 2012, The Boy and I were tied up on a number of weekends at weddings/stag/hen do's so we haven't been able to go home half as much as we would have liked, so it was great to see everyone. I already have lots in the diary for 2013 but most of all I'm hoping this year will allow The Boy and I to visit friends and family more.

Clockwise from top left: Who knew a knitted wreath could look so good? - A Fish and chip shop date with The Boy for Christmas eve lunch - Christmas isn't Christmas without the Vicar of Dibley - Wilson Phillips, perfect stocking filler - A crisp Christmas morning - My gorgeous vintage glasses - Our annual Christmas morning ramble - Knitted stocking at Shepton Mallet

As usual, the iPhone has been snapping away at almost every opportunity for an appropriate festive shot, so here's a glimpse of what I've been getting up to over the festive period - apologies for the picture heavy post!
 Clockwise from top left: Setting the table - Bucks Fizz on Christmas morning - The food hamper proved a popular gift - Pimms at Christmas - The tree at home - Hello, my festive friend - The Babycham deer, one of my favourite sights in Shepton - Christmas dinner at Shepton Mallet
Clockwise from top left: I was spoiled rotten - Second Christmas dinner of the week - Love Mum's quirky Christmas decorations - Starter, as made by me

I had an amazing Christmas season and loved every minute - I hope that you did too!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...