Sunday 14 October 2012

Wedding number 4: A beautiful bride, brownies and barn dancing

The Boy and I rounded off our spate of summer weddings a few weeks back with a trip to Norfolk to see our good friends Bobby and Caroline tie the knot.
Clockwise from top left: The beautiful family church - Personal touches made for a special day - The happy couple - Beautiful flower girls 

This wedding was right up my street: traditional yet creative, fancy yet fun, it truly was a wonderful day. My Hobbs ensemble fitted right in and I'm so glad the wonderful Clara lent me a fascinator, as it was hats-a-plenty. I don't think I've ever been to a wedding where someone's hat involved a fake bird! To be honest I was actually a little jealous - I definitely need to up my game where head-wear is concerned.

The ceremony took place in the family church and was truly special as Caroline's father is a Bishop and played a part in the service. After the photos we all took a short walk through the beautiful countryside to the family home where the reception took place.
Clockwise from top left: My Hobbs ensemble for the day - A gorgeous personal touch - The walk from the church to the family home - Pre-dinner drinks in the meadow - Gorgeous bunting - The Bride and Groom greet their guests - Wonderful weather - The happy couple pose for some pictures

Drinks in the meadow before dinner allowed us all to get acquainted and take in the beautiful setting.

The marquee was magical, trees sprouting delicious chocolate brownies lined our route, paper birds flew overhead and real plants grew inside, one word: amazing. Speeches took place before dinner, with Andy doing a great job as best man.
Clockwise from top left: A brownie tree! For those moments when only cake would do - Beautiful seating plan - The table settings - The Boy's enjoy their ice creams - The bird theme was evident in the decorations - Jelly replaced a wedding cake, a perfect option for such a fun couple - The marquee in all it's glory

As day turned to night we all hit the dance floor, but not for usual shuffle to the latest chart hits, this wedding had actual barn dancing! As much as I wasn't sure about this option in the lead up to the big day, it actually turned out to be great fun and (miraculously) I even managed to complete a few dances without falling over. Which given my track record with staying upright (at any occasion) is a real achievement. A truly lovely time was had by all.

Congratulations Bobby and Caroline, thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...