Tuesday 30 October 2012

All Hallows' Eve

Saturday saw The Boy and I throw our annual Halloween fancy dress bash which, although not as raucous as last year, was still immense fun. I went as Posion Ivy from Batman (and no I haven't seen the film/read the comic, I got the inspiration from Kim Kardashian. That's right, I love a reality TV star) and as you can see I kind of went all out. If you're going to do fancy dress, for me it really is go hard or go home.


It was lovely to spend the evening with our nearest and dearest celebrating one of my favourite occasions of the year. 

I always put a lot of thought into my costume (I'm already thinking about next year!) and it would seem I'm not alone. Lookbook is a constant source of inspiration in my everyday life but over Halloween it really comes into its own when they run their Spookbook competition. The general idea is that users upload a Halloween inspired look for the chance of winning credit to spend in American Apparel. A firm bloggers fave. People really go for it, with some entries looking like they are straight out of a horror film - here's some of my favourites.

All images taken from Lookbook

Next year I'm thinking of going as some kind of zombie/leopard combination but one thing's for sure, Poison Ivy will definitely be making an appearance at a Halloween event in the future - let's face it, it's a winner.

How are you spending your Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...