Wednesday 22 August 2012

Maraschino. You know, as in cherry.

Dressing up has always been a favourite past time of mine. Not in a go out wearing my underwear kind of way, more in a never want to grow up kind of way that has me wanting to dress as many a character from my childhood regardless of the event.

There doesn't even need to be an event - I just love to theme it up. My uni years brought with them many an idea for a night out which would have me rushing home with big ideas to make my next ensemble (much to my mothers pleasure). 


Now that I work full time (and don't have access to a seemingly endless supply of fabrics and trimmings-thank you mother) I often find myself scouring Jokers Masquerade looking for ideas and components for my next fancy dress costume.

I've always loved the musical Grease and yet I've never actually dressed up as any of the characters. Until now. 

The other week The Boy and I went to a screening of the film where fancy dress was encouraged and Joke were nice enough to send me over a Grease pink ladies jacket specifically for the occasion. I must confess, I've always wanted to dress up in pink ladies fancy dress (I mean, who didn't want to be in that gang? I secretly always wanted to be Marty) and slipping it on transported me back to the 1950s and urged me to burst into song. That's pretty much like any normal day for me (as my work colleagues will tell you) but at least I was rocking a theme!
The jacket fitted really nicely and I could have even done it up and worn it as a top. The beauty of the pink ladies jacket is that you can wear it even if you don't want to dress up that much, it can be slipped on over almost any ensemble, add a pair of peep toe shoes, red lippy and a silk scarf and you are good to go. I'm sure I'll be digging this jacket out for many a last minute fancy dress occasion in the future.

I'm already thinking about what I'm going to wear to mine and The Boy's annual Halloween party (I'm thinking Poison Ivy this year) so no doubt I'll be paying Joke another visit in the not too distant future.

You can find the pink ladies jacket I'm wearing along with other film fancy dress options here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...