Tuesday 31 July 2012

La Roultiere Breil - a perfect holiday

I don't know about you, but when I go on holiday I like to feel like I'm staying somewhere that feels just like home - only better. I've stayed in many hotels all over the world but there's something about staying in a holiday home, and the freedom that it gives you to come and go as you please, that really can't be beaten.

For Becki and Rob's wedding the Davies family, young and old, upped sticks for Parcay Le Pins and the surrounding area for a week of celebration and relaxation, staying in a plethora of gites and holiday homes. The Boy and I opted to stay with my mum and dad, my brother, uncle Howard, Karen, Megan, Gareth and Ali, in three gites side by side in Breil called La Roultiere.


There are five gites at La Roultiere (two other families stayed in the other two) all beautifully maintained and situated around a central dining, barbecue and boule area. They even have a swimming pool - perfect for the French sunshine.

Let's face it, going away with family is always going to be tricky, especially when the ages of the people going range from 25 all the way to 89, but at La Roultiere there was enough room to breathe, meaning the trip went off without a hitch. And hopefully the Davies clan didn't annoy the other holidaymakers too much.

The complimentary bottle of rose wine on arrival, coupled with the attentive affections of the resident dog Meg, all led to us having a fantastic week of relaxation.


I loved it so much at La Roultiere that my return to London has led to many an afternoon daydreaming about owning a gite myself someday (this is a dream that I am determined to make happen) and I've even started learning French in anticipation!

I simply cannot recommend La Roultiere highly enough. We all had a wonderful time and I'm already planning a possible return visit next year with The Boy - and whoever else fancies some relaxation in the French countryside.


Find out more about La Roultiere, or even book a stay here.

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous photographs. go on Laura head off on a French adventure!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...