Thursday 27 March 2014

Dim sum date

A couple of weeks back The Boy and I made the most of a sunny Sunday afternoon with a trip to Covent Garden and a spot of Dim Sum in Chinatown.

I love this area of London, even with all the tourists on the weekend, it's such a mish-mash of cultures, shops and people that I can easily while away a few hours exploring.
All the bakeries in Chinatown always tempt me with the varieties of sweet treats on offer, and the supermarkets and shops are the perfect place to pick up a kitsch souvenir or snack for the journey home.
We headed to one of our favourite Chinatown eateries for lunch, Dumpling's Legend.
As usual, we over ordered as you can see from the images above. We went for a variety of steamed (the prawn and chive and their signature dumplings are my favourites) and fried alongside some noodles. It was delicious and the more often we go for dim sum and the more I want to go back for more! Don't get me wrong, I love my lunches at Ping Pong with the girls but there is no substitute for the real thing.

As you can see from the picture below, I become particularly childlike when food is around. And throw in an Iced Lemon Tea and I'm in heaven.
One of the things that I love the most about Dumpling's Legend is that you can watch the talented chefs making the dumplings. One day I'd love to have a go myself, although I'm sure I'd be rubbish at it!
To find out more about Dumpling's Legend visit their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...