Monday 24 March 2014

Bridesmaid brunch

A few weeks ago the day finally dawned when I was to ask my chosen girls to be my bridesmaids.

Having sent them all texts telling them to meet me at my flat at a specific time it was with great excitement that I spent Friday night and most of Saturday morning cleaning the flat and setting the scene.

I wanted to create the feel of a party or celebration with food and drink to match that I knew they'd all love, so I settled on a variety of cakes, scones and clotted cream, gallons of tea and some fizz (although clearly not enough).
Obligatory mini Welsh cakes
As usual, I over-catered and we ended up with food to feed at least ten people. Having gone through three bottles the girls were unanimous, next time there needs to be less cake and more fizz. Even though it was only 11am, clearly my cake to fizz ratios were all wrong.

I made the girls a photo frame each as a gift using pictures of us together that I edited and had prints made of on Zazzle. They turned out really well and I'm thinking of doing one for myself with a group picture of all of us.

We've got many a dinner/shopping spree in the diary but mostly I just can't wait to spend the next 15 months planning (and laughing) with these four weirdos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...