Sunday 19 February 2012

A week in my wardrobe/the one-week challenge


I’ve written here before about my trouble in deciphering what exactly constitutes work wear and this is proving to be an on-going problem, mainly due to my tendency to be lazy with my outfit choices, especially for work. Inspired by my colleague Zsa zsa’s new mantra of “Dress for Success” I’ve decided that the time has come to take a more measured approach when it comes to what I wear for work. Although my ensembles have been more considered so far in 2012, the time has come to up the ante and start thinking promotion/pay rise/confidence when it comes to what I wear. Therefore this week saw me embark on the Dress for Success Challenge. When I challenged myself a few weeks ago to wear something new every day I ended up feeling better about what I was wearing and more confident to boot so this week I endeavoured to think “smart” when picking an outfit. Here’s the results:

When dressing for work I think it’s important to consider where you work and not only dressing to suit yourself but also dressing to promote the brand you’re representing. Luckily for me I work for Hobbs and NW3, both of which being brands that I can relate to. Tuesdays ensemble was more NW3 than Hobbs inspired, with an ode to Victoria Beckham in my new cat print dress The Boy got me for Valentines day.


Dress: Red Herring at Debenhams
Blazer: H & M
Belt: Primark
Boots: Next
Bag: Hobbs

Wearing jeans to work is something I’ve always struggled with as unless it’s a black jean I don’t really feel smart enough. Luckily for me my workplace is pretty laid back and people are generally allowed to wear what they like (and it does help that we sell jeans ourselves). I always feel smarter in a coloured jean, especially with a heel, which led to my choice for Wednesdays ensemble.


Blazer: H & M
Jeans: River Island
Blouse: TKMaxx
Boots: Next
Bag: Hobbs

Thursday saw the first outing of my new charity shop blazer. Being tweed with orange, blue and green threads this jacket fits in perfectly with some of the colour palettes from the NW3 range, helping me stay on brand, and it also nicely smartens up my black jeans. You will see from these pictures that I am very much a fan of a blazer or smart jacket. Although I really dislike suits (too much of a reminder of working in the inspiring world of finance for my liking) I often find that adding a blazer really finishes my look and helps me feel smart, whatever else I’m wearing.


Blazer: Traid
Jeans: Dorothy Perkins
Blouse: Primark
Boots: Next
Bag: Hobbs

Friday saw the first outing of a Primark dress that has been lurking in the back of the wardrobe for almost a year. It has a great print but with it being a purple/blue colour I was unsure of what to put it with. Turns out, I needn’t have worried as it looks great when paired with black.


Blazer: H & M
Dress: Primark
Boots: Next

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...