Sunday 27 April 2014

A weekend of weddings (part one)

Way back in March Mum came to stay and we spent a blissful weekend exploring, shopping and talking all things wedding.

As much as the wedding is top of my thoughts most days I'm keen for Lost and Found to remain truly as it is, a rambling collection of musings about my life in general - never fear this won't become a purely wedding based blog space.

That being said, I did want to share with you some of the images from this particular weekend.
I took the afternoon off on Friday and ventured down to Knightsbridge to meet Mother. I tried on a few dresses and we drank a glass of fizz or two but generally the experience wasn't quite what I'd hoped and I came away feeling pretty down on the whole thing. It's amazing what trying on dresses next to a size 6 girl, while all the dresses in the showroom are a maximum of a size 8, can do for an average size girl.

To compensate we headed for an early evening wander around the V&A followed swiftly by a cream tea. I was feeling so rubbish about my waistline by this stage that there was no holding me back. Bring on the clotted cream.

The Saturday morning dawned bright and sunny so we headed for Kensington Olympia as I had bought us tickets for the National Wedding Show. Still reeling from the changing room meltdown which took place the day before I was in no mood for trying on dresses but some kind words from a lady on the Berketex Bride stand had me in a gown in no time. Although it didn't turn out to be the dress of my dreams this experience immediately put me in a happier place for the day ahead.
Mum and I had arrived early so took our seats in the front row for the fashion show which was pretty amazing and really showcased all the different types of dresses there are available these days. Mum had the chance to get some inspiration for her MOTB get-up and there was even some Suits for The Boy.
It was a lovely morning and we came away with lots of leaflets to peruse over lunch. I must confess we only lasted a couple of hours as the venue had started to fill up and there's only so much Wedding paraphernalia two women can take before needing a cup of tea and a sit down.

We strolled along Kensington High Street, stopping off at My Old Dutch for a pancake and Zara for a bargain before resting our legs in Hyde Park near Kensington Palace.
We even stopped off at Reiss to do a covert store visit and for Mum to see the original Biba fountain which takes pride of place on the womenswear floor.

It was a lovely day, full of laughs and giggles and really got me excited for all the wedding planning ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...