Saturday 18 January 2014

The proposal

So.

On Christmas Day The Boy asked me to marry him.

And I did not see it coming!

You would think, after months of secretly hoping he would pop the question, I would spot it coming a mile off but The Boy did good and managed to pull the whole thing off without a hitch.

He asked me whilst we opened presents, in front of my family and with all of his unsuspecting relatives on Skype. It was lovely, perfect and more than I could ever deserve. 

The past few days have been a bit of a whirlwind of engagement drinks and get-to-gethers, whilst also fitting in going back to work, but we've already been thinking about venues, compiling our guest list and just generally figuring out what on earth kind of day we imagine it to be. For me, it's been so much fun. Finally I can put all those Pinterest boards to good use.

To be totally honest, it's more overwhelming than I'd originally thought - but I'm still loving every minute. The Boy? Not so much. Wedding planning/planning in general is not really his thing. As long as his nearest and dearest are there, there's good food and drink and a spot of dancing, he'll be happy. To be fair that's all I really want too.

Here's a few pics from the occasion - you can expect plenty more updates on how the planning is going over the coming weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...