Monday 13 January 2014

2013, a round up

2013 was a fabulous year, full of firsts, adventures and amazing experiences. Here's a round up of some of my favourite moments from the past twelve months.

2013: Spring
To me, the new year always means days out and nights in as the weather is so cold. The Boy and I spent a white weekend in snowy London town, an evening at the theatre (seeing Wicked, finally) and Zsa stayed over for food, films and a bit of a gossip.
In March we headed to New York as a family and, although it was absolutely freezing we had a marvelous time exploring the city. I took Mum to a spa, The Boy and I tried out an amazing restaurant and we all got to walk the High Line. It was the trip of a lifetime and one we'll never forget.
I particularly loved the graffti that had sprung up on the storm damaged Brooklyn Bridge.

2013: Summer
We spent a week in the Summer visiting various friends all over the country - and I spent a week cooing over a selection of babies and children. Even The Boy came away feeling broody.
On returning to London we whiled away the Summer months doing what we do best: eating and exploring the city. We had my good friend Kat and her son Leo to stay which allowed The Boy to revert back to his childhood, and spend some sunny days playing in the garden with lego and various Poundland remote controlled aircraft. Which was perfect as it meant Kat and I could spend some time laying in the sun.
We checked out Feast with Zsa Zsa and Ben which, although it was delicious, was far too hot for me.
I took Mum to Fortnum and Mason for Afternoon Tea one day in the summer which was amazing and a real treat.
In August Kimmy and I went to Secret Cinema's screening of Dirty Dancing and it was amazing. A great afternoon/evening with great company in the sunshine, you really can't beat it.
2013: AutumnWith Autumn came my thirtieth birthday and with it many a celebration. It all kicked off with birthday drinks in Hammersmith but also included a weekend break to Paris and a trip to Derbyshire with Ma and Pa. It was a wonderful few weeks spend with my absolute favourite people.
In October I ran my second half marathon, the Royal Parks Half in London. It was more of a struggle than last year as it was so hot but I still loved every minute and am considering running it again next year.
2013: Winter
The colder months brought with them lots of gatherings and festivities with friends and family as Christmas got ever closer.
We spent a weekend in Manchester with Sarah and Ryan exploring the Christmas Markets (and basically eating as much as we could), had a big family dinner at Duncans, and Christmas party season kicked off with a bang, it was a great final few weeks of 2013.

And of course the year ended with a proposal, but there will be more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...