Tuesday 19 March 2013

Postcard from the Big Apple

Those of you who know me well will know why I've been so quiet over the past week or so, I've been in NYC! 

The city that never sleeps, the big apple, whatever you want to call it, New York city holds a special place in my heart and, sorry London, is my favourite city in the world (no question).

Last weekend, along with my nearest and dearest (Mum, Dad, Mark and The Boy), I jumped on a plane at Heathrow and hopped off seven hours later at JFK with an empty suitcase, a new camera and a long list of sights to see. I have many a blog post to write up but for now here's a taster of my time on the island of Manhattan.

 The Davies family en route
New York fire escapes
The Boy and I in Central Park
Exploring Little Italy
The Flatiron
 Lady Liberty
Peanut Butter, Chocolate and Banana milkshake (that is correct)
 Eat your heart out Carrie Bradshaw
Art on the Subway

I must admit, I was in dire need of a break and although this trip wasn't exactly relaxing, the king sized bed sure helped me get some rest and feel revived for the days of walking, eating and drinking. We were away for a full week - seven days! And it was amazing

We stayed at the Millenium Broadway just off Times Square and really made the most of being so central, we even had a room with a view! Which for someone more used to staying in Travelodge's was pretty dam exciting.

 A room with a view

As I said, I have plenty more posts to come over the next few days detailing where we went, what we ate and where we shopped but for now, I need some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...