Sunday 27 January 2013

My week in photos 17

The past couple of weeks have been pretty stressful. Starting with a week packed with not one but two migraines with aura (they are quite the party let me tell you) and followed by a hectic few days at work when my MAA was on holiday. Basically meaning lots of late nights and early mornings, what fun for me.

I have somehow managed to find time to fit in quite a bit though. Last weekend The Boy and I went for dinner at the home of our close friends Dan and Kim, in Hither Green. We ate stew with dumplings, watched Ten Things I Hate About You and had a lovely catch up. It was the perfect release after such a horrible few days which mostly revolved around throwing up, and not being able to see or feel my arms. I must confess, I did break dry January by having a glass of Prosecco but believe me I needed it. If I hadn't had a drink I would have probably spent most of the evening worrying about having another attack and being sick in their bathroom (which would have made a nice change).
A very snowy Gardens

We awoke to a thick blanket of snow and after a breakfast of bacon sandwiches we set off back to Kensington. I love London in the snow. The city is quiet and still and, I don't know if its just me, but everyone just seems to get more friendly. We spent the afternoon in the garden, which was surprisingly child free (although evidence of their creativity was everywhere), having snowball fights and taking photos, it was blissful. 
  Clockwise from top left: Poached eggs and black pudding on toast - My latest read - Selfridges - wrapped up against the cold - Winter berries - All quiet in the Gardens - Snowmen galore - Date night-in with The Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...