Wednesday 28 November 2012

The Christmas list: Volume 1

We've reached that time of year again when The Boy starts actually paying attention to my ramblings when we are out shopping rather than playing with his phone, which can only mean one thing: he has no clue what to get me for Christmas. 

Now, I actually think I'm easy to buy gifts for (lets face it a girl who loves fashion/reading/writing/bathing is far easier to buy for than a boy who has no hobbies to speak of other than watching TV and reading the occasional graphic novel) but The Boy doesn't seem to think so. So, for those of you out there who are facing a similar conundrum, here's my guide for gifts us girls (me in particular) would love to receive. Just in case anyone's feeling generous.*

1. You can't go wrong with Zara Vouchers
Zara's been on my radar for a while now but it's only really been in the past twelve months that I've become a true, die-hard fan. It's pretty much the only high street store that I want to buy something in every time I pay them a visit, which can't always happen due to my bank balance. More's the pity.
2. Selfridges (aka the shop that has everything)
Whilst we're on gift vouchers I thought Selfridges would be worth a mention. I can spend hours wandering around and the beauty of Selfridges is that it stocks brands at a variety of price points. H&m? Check. All Saints? Check. Chanel? Check. Pretty much a shopaholics dream store.
3. Face Paint
Make-up is quite a personal thing but as long as the colours are nothing too outrageous and the brand is good quality an eyeshadow palette, set of lip glosses or a box set is a great gift. My personal favourites are Benefit who do some nice sets, Mac and Urban Decay.


4. Books
I used to love receiving book tokens when I was younger and I still love them now - I can ALWAYS find a book to buy and spend many an afternoon wandering in Waterstones. I love the idea of a kindle (if only to lighten the load on my poor shoulder) but there's something about actually holding a brand new (or well loved) copy of a favourite tale that, well, just makes me happy.

I recommend The Passage by Justin Cronin (I already have two copies so this is not on my own personal Christmas list but I'd love some more people to talk to about it!).
5. Bath & Body products
My personal favourites are Soap and Glory, Rituals and Body Shop - pretty much anything that smells good enough to eat is fine by me, and most other girls I'm sure. There's normally some nice gift packs available at this time of year which can be great value for money, or, if you can hold of until nearer the day there's usually some fantastic discounts on offer.
6.Cold hard cash
Spring 2013 will (finally) see The Boy and I take a holiday together to New York and I CANNOT WAIT. I find that vouchers have a habit of lurking in the bottom of my handbag for months (why is it that when you have money to spend you can never find anything you want to buy?) but currency for a special trip is always greatly appreciated and can often be put towards a memorable experience or nice dinner.
7. Stocking fillers
There are many inexpensive bits and pieces out there that make great gifts, my favourites are: patterned socks (the cuter the better, there are lots on offer in Primark for mere penny's), pretty pyjamma sets (again, lots of variety at Primark), nail varnishes, and costume jewellery from Freedom at Topshop.
And there you have it. Of course there's plenty more perfect gifts out there for girls but I'll leave it at that or I'll be here all night!

* I will be posting The Christmas list: Volume 2 this week which will have gift suggestions for all the family, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...