Monday 9 April 2012

The Easter round-up

Firstly apologies for the lack of posting of late, I was haring around the south coast doing store visits whilst trying to keep the Mother happy (it was her birthday after all) and then I was simply enjoying eating my body weight in chocolate whilst relaxing at the family home for a few days. The Boy took the opportunity to have a boys weekend in London with some of his friends which was fine by me (all the more chocolate for me to eat) as it meant I could spend some quality time with the family. We managed to fit in quite a bit considering I was only really home for three days but it still felt like a nice long break for me to recharge my batteries, work having been a tad hectic of late. 


Mum always does the house up for any occasion, with Easter being no exception, so I was greeted with bowls of eggs and an Easter tree in the conservatory, it really was lovely to be home. We managed to fit in a trip to see Grandad over at Bracklesham Bay and take him out to dinner to a great little pub called the The Lamb where all food is half price on Thursdays. I had a burger which was delicious, if a little on the large size. Saturday Mum and I took in the charity shops and boutiques of Southsea before spending a couple of hours at Gunwharf Quays (which was heaving). I'm not sure why but we only ever seem to end up at Gunwharf on a bank holiday and then swear never to return due to the long queue for the carpark and congestion in the walkways. Still, I managed to fight my way to the till point in Dune and purchase a pair of black wedges that I've been after for a while (and at half the price that they are in London (winning).

On Saturday night I met up with Jade, an old friend from my waitressing days who I miss greatly when I'm in London, and we went for dinner at TGI Fridays. The less said about the meal and service the better (half an hour for a diet coke? You are joking) but the company was great and it was really nice to have a catch up.

The main reason for coming down had been to try and do some car boot sales to get rid of some of the junk that seems to be overtaking the house but due to the weather this plan was scuppered and will have to wait for another time. Shame because I could really have done with some extra cash this month, looks like the eBay shop will be back up and running shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...