Wednesday 21 August 2013

The Love list: What a girl* wants

My thirtieth birthday is drawing near and I'm being nagged on an almost daily basis by various friends and relatives with the question "what do you want for your birthday?".

The honest truth is I really don't know. Now that I work full time I tend to buy myself the things that I want as and when I save up enough money to afford them so, really, I want for nothing. I'm trying to not really spend, am saving for a both a house deposit and a holiday so basically I'm trying to think through my purchases and not be too impulsive with my shopping.

That being said...there's always the odd treat that catches my eye, so here's what I'm loving lately for all you wonderful people considering buying me something - however, your presence alone at my birthday celebrations is enough of a treat for me.

1. Jewellery
I'm 29 and I'm still wearing costume jewellery. The one piece that I own that doesn't turn my skin green is my watch which The Boy bought me for Christmas and I know I'll cherish and wear forever.

I've been after a pair of gold studs for a while now to replace the pair I wear currently but other than that I like my jewellery to be a little bit different. Not your usual Elizabeth Duke affair.

Here are some of the items I've currently got my eye on.

I'd love to start collecting jewellery by Monica Vinader and stacking rings and bracelets like these.


2. Grown up pyjamas

I feel like maybe it might be time to throw out the Primark thermal numbers I seem to have lived in since my student years and invest in some real, bonafide grown up pyjamas. These ones come in a variety of patterns and colours.

3. New kicks
I'm on a bit of a health kick at the mo so have been going out running, hitting the bike and just generally trying to get myself moving so I've naturally been leaning more towards gym kit than high fashion items. I've been lusting after some Nike Free Runs for a while now and have finally decided on this pair, perfect not only for a work out but also for the walk home.


4. Perfume
Following being told on a recent night out that my perfume looks like a bottle of Blue Nun (thanks Dan) I've decided that it might be time to change things up a little. One perfume that I've always liked but never really been able to justify buying is J'adore by Dior.


J'adore by Dior - £56 for 50ml
5. Books
My flat is piled high with books covering almost every genre but two more that I'd love to add to my collection are two books by Tim Walker - Story Teller and Pictures, and Grace by Grace Coddington.

 All available on Amazon


So there you have it, all the things I'm currently lusting after but can't really justify treating myself to at the moment, just in case anybody is feeling generous.
*woman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...