Thursday 17 November 2011

A London Life

It's safe to say that London life officially has me hooked. A lot can happen in six months (most importantly, due to not having a television and having to watch TV via the internet, the blog fell by the wayside) and my life has truly changed beyond belief.


So, what’s new? After weeks of hunting on online property websites during my lunch break, The Boy and I tracked down our dream flat in West Kensington, not far from where he lived before. Queens Club Gardens to be exact, our gorgeous one-bed nestled in a pre-war red brick mansion block with private residents garden, is perfect for our first home together. Being a five minute walk from both Barons Court and West Kensington tube makes it great for getting into town quickly but offers the kind of peace and quiet I knew I would crave after the move from the coast.


My passion for fashion hasn’t waned since my move and I now find myself working in the heart of the fashion capital for UK high-end brand Hobbs. My love of the retail industry has seen me with many careers over the years but I’m now working as a Branch Merchandiser and loving every minute (even if sometimes the love is through gritted teeth, office politics and all that).


Some things have remained the same of course, and always will do no matter where I'm living. Things like wanting to hurry home and curl up on the sofa with The Boy and a good book or classic film after a hard day at the office. But with change has come many new found daily enjoyments: the daily walk to work through a peaceful West London cemetery, people watching (cue outfit envy) as I wait for the tube, the free copy of Stylist as I head home on a Tuesday, and as much as I moan about the tourists on Oxford Street as I attempt to make it to the tube station there really is nothing like living and working in the heart of the capital.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...